Get Divorce Ready Live
Saturday 18th January 2020
The AllBright, Mayfair, London
9:30am – 5:00pm
Are you getting divorced in 2020?
Get Divorce Ready Live is a one day event designed to help you kickstart your divorce and set you up for success in 2020.
- Does the thought of leaving your marriage scare you to death even though you want to leave?
- Are you panicked by the thought of all the paperwork, the legal bills and understanding what it will mean for you financially?
- Are you concerned that divorce will have a detrimental impact on your children and this wracks you with guilt?
- Do you wish you understood the divorce process?
- Are you feeling stuck unable to move forward because you don’t know what to do?
- Has your divorce stalled because you’re scared of the costs involved?
- Are you trying to do your divorce yourself or limit the amount of legal help and need to get back on track?
You, me, divorce experts & other women like you, for one day only. Coming together to help you build the best possible plan for your divorce.
Imagine how it would feel if in one day, for less than the cost of 1 hour with a solicitor, you could discover how making a divorce plan will ensure that you stay on track, keep your costs down and enable you to handle tricky situations.
Imagine hearing from a practising solicitor the key things your solicitor will want to know from you when you instruct them and the questions you should be asking them when you are looking for a divorce solicitor.
Imagine being able to ask questions of a divorce solicitor, wealth manager and a pensions adviser all in one day, in one place.
Imagine having a demo of the Our Family Wizard App and seeing how it might support you and your children before you sign up.
Welcome to Get Divorce Ready Live
Your Host, Emma Heptonstall
The Divorce Alchemist is the author of How to be a Lady Who Leaves. A recovering lawyer Emma is now a practising family mediator and divorce coach for ladies who want to make smart emotional and financial decisions on divorce. Emma has featured in the national and international media and works with ladies around the world supporting them with their decision to divorce and throughout the process.
Peter Long, Investment Manager, LGT Vestra
Peter is an Investment Manager at LGT Vestra, having joined with his team in August 2017 from Brewin Dolphin. Peter has gained over 33 years experience advising and managing private client, trusts and charity portfolios. Peter has extensive experience managing the financial affairs and advising those who have gone through or who are embarking on divorce proceedings . Peter ensures the individual parties receive a full wealth management (Financial Planning & Investment management) service thereby bringing clarity as to how the individual can manage their finances during and post settlement . Peter understands that during such an unsettling period in one’s life there is a need for financial advice delivered in a professional yet caring and thoughtful manner.
Cady Pearce, Senior Associate – Family & Divorce, Kingsley Napsley
Cady Pearce is a Senior Associate in the Family law team at Kingsley Napley. She is based near Farringdon in central London.
Cady helps clients with financial and children issues arising from separation or divorce. She is compassionate and takes time to make sure that clients have the right support at this difficult time in their lives. Cady has experience of dealing with separation involving personality disorders and complex issues related to both finances and children.
Legal 500 UK, The Client’s Guide to Law Firms, said the “very intelligent, balanced and determined” Cady Pearce gives “real practical advice”. A recent client of Cady’s said: “You have been an absolute star and exactly what I needed…I will never forget the contribution you have made to our lives”
James Evans, Professional Liaison, OurFamilyWizard®
James is a professional liaison for OurFamilyWizard. His role includes educating judges, barristers, solicitors, mediators and other family law professionals on the online tools that can be utilised to benefit and monitor parental communication in high conflict cases. James travels the country attending family law conferences, workshops and seminars each year.
Recent speaking engagements include the Family Law Bar Association, Resolution National and Regional events, Bournemouth Family Courts, Central Family Courts in London, Support Through Court and NACCC charity events and individual chambers and firms throughout the country.
James graduated from the University of Sussex receiving a BA in Theatre and Film Studies.
Kirsty is a Chartered Financial Planner with Brewin Dolphin, she started her finance career in 1999 and joined Brewin Dolphin London office in 2007. She has since transferred to the Brewin Dolphin Winchester office.
Kirsty is a member of the CII and an Associate member of Resolution, she has also holds the Brewin Dolphin Family Law Accreditation.
Kirsty works with clients to add value and offer advice and expertise, particularly cases which involve pensions. Kirsty can help clients and their Solicitors to consider the stated values of the pensions and the relevant questions to ask and point out if more information is required. She will also look at whether an actuarial report will be required.
She also works with her own Private Clients to help them to achieve their lifetime goals. Kirsty can help Private Clients with lifetime planning, tax efficient investing, retirement planning and inheritance tax planning.
Hosted by Emma Heptonstall at The AllBright, Mayfair, London.
Saturday 18th January 2020
09:30 – 10:00
10:00 – 10:15
Welcome to Get Divorce Ready
10:15 – 11:00
Creating a Divorce Plan for 2020
11:00 – 11:30
How to choose and use a solicitor: high conflict divorce and personality disorders – with Cady Pearce
11:30 – 12:00
How to seek investment advice on divorce and the pitfalls to avoid – with Peter Long
12:00 – 13:00
Two course lunch (included with your ticket)
13:00 – 13:30
Learn how pensions are treated on divorce and what information you need with Kirsty Simpson
13:30 – 14:30
Live demonstration of how the Our Family Wizard App can transform parental communication – with James Evans
14:30 – 14:45
14:45 – 15:30
15:30 – 16:00
Discover ways to move your divorce forward in 2020 – with Emma Heptonstall
16:00 – 17:00
Cocktails & connections over a complimentary glass of fizz
Get Divorce Ready Live includes…
- Get clear about whether leaving is right for you.
- Understanding the divorce process in England & Wales.
- Understand your finances and how to make smart financial decisions.
- Tips and exercises so you’re divorce ready before you see a lawyer.
- Strategies to save you time, money and your sanity!
- How to have a child-centred divorce.
Get Divorce Ready Live is for you if…
- You haven’t started divorce proceedings yet and you want to but you feel scared, anxious or lost
- You don’t have a solicitor and don’t know when to instruct one, how to go about it, or what you can do for yourself to get started.
- You have started divorce proceedings but they’ve stalled and got stuck because you’re worried about money or scared about what’s going to happen.
- You know you need to take action but you have so many questions and need direction.
- You want 2020 to be the year that you take action and make smart emotional and financial decisions for your future.
Get Divorce Ready Live is NOT for you if…
- You already have your decree nisi and a financial agreement in place waiting to be sealed by the court.
- You have a divorce plan in place, understand the process and are clear about the next steps for you.
- You are not ready to take any steps forward right now and you know you won’t do anything with what you learn.
- You’re not interested in saving yourself time and money in your divorce.
- Meeting other women in a similar position to you in a safe place isn’t what you need (contact me about my 1:1 packages).
Here’s What You’ll Discover :
- How to be sure that your marriage is over and that you’re ready to end your marriage.
- The #1 thing you must do when you decide to divorce.
- Why going to a lawyer straight away is a bad idea.
- How to create a plan so that you avoid divorce overwhelm and can keep moving forward even when the situation becomes difficult or uncomfortable.
- How to save time, money and your sanity throughout your divorce.
- How the divorce process works in England and Wales.
- How to understand your finances and make good financial decisions both now and in the future.
- How to support your children through the divorce process including how the court will decide where they will live if you can’t agree.
- How to manage your own emotions, prevent overwhelm and stay centred throughout the divorce process and into your new life as an ex-wife.
Join Me At Get Divorce Ready Live
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Get Divorce Ready Live being held?
How do I get to the AllBright?
What time does the event start and finish?
What is the dress code?
What if I can't make it on the day?
What refreshments are provided?
Do I need to bring anything with me?
Join Me At Get Divorce Ready Live